Tuesday, December 11, 2012

How to find the Perfict Red for You



Ahoy Honey Bunnies!!

Your Swag Queen Cherry here with some helpful tips here! There are a lot of different ways to tell what red is right for you, and a lot of this is bearing on what you are confident wearing and skin tone. Here is how I was taught which was the 'right red' for me and what tones to stay away from, oddly enough the people that taught me were my mother and grand mother; talk about knowledge handed down from mother to daughter.



Now the first thing to do is talk about color in question when it comes in cosmetic form, there is such a thing as cool reds and warm reds. Warm reds usually have warm undertones like yellow, orange, and pink where as cool reds have blue and even purple undertones. You can tell these differences in the chart below.


Now knowing that you have to understand that the same undertones apply to skin tones, your skin tone could be very cool or very warm. People with cool skin tones have a pinker hue to their skin where as people with warmer skin tones seem to have a more yellow undertone that gives you a more golden look. the best way I was taught to decipher this was the white test, my grandmother gave me two paint cards she got from a paint store, one was a off white and the other a very stark true white. She said if the off white looked better next to my skin then I have a cool skin tone if the stark true white looked better then I was a warm skin tone. Needless to say I’m a neutral tone because both cards looked good next to my skin tone and through further experimentation with color I found I look good in both warm and cool reds.



My case is an exception and not the rule, and the rule is warm reds look better on a warm skin tone they just pop more and in the latter Cool reds look better on a cooler skin tones. This is because cool reds complement cool undertones naturally and warm reds do the same for warm skin tones. But to me this is only a frame work for choosing the right red for you, I am a firm believer in breaking the rules and breaking out to make a statement. So if you are the kind of girl that wants to make a statement with their lips rather then sticking to the rules then why not walk out in a bright blue lipstick or wear a hot pinkish red that just is too shocking for words; its all about what you are confident and comfortable wearing.



Keep it Classy honey bunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment