Monday, February 4, 2013

A Little Glassware Obsession!

Hello My Lovelies!!


Your friendly Caption Cherry here with a little confession....I Bad Luck Cherry have an obsession with glassware...yes its true every time I am in the thrift store I cant resist the call of home decor and especially the call of something shiny and gracefully shaped...I have amassed quite a collection that I absolutely love and my significant other wishes I would stop bringing home, but I say nay to him and if I have the wampum to do so then I shall cash in my chips and get that bowl or whatever I cant live with out. these are just a few of my favorite pieces and how I have incorporated them into my life.

Now just a brief history, glassware has been around since the 3500 B.C.E in Mesopotamia; the word "glass" was coined in the Roman Empire. In the 19th century many different styles of artistic glassware became extremely popular, especially with the Art Nouveau movements and the wonderful use of glass. There has been many different movements in the world of glass from the French to Louis Comfort Tiffany with his colored glass panels in the famous Tiffany's lamps. Different companies sprang up with industrial improvements and innovations offering their glassware to the masses. The different styles have gone and continue to go in and out of fashion but one thing remains the same their beauty.

Okay now with that said here are my top favorite glassware in my collection, this pieces that I scored at a rummage sale in my town that happens once every other year, this time my bestie Lolita went with me and I found this pretty crystal apple. its a container that I keep my cotton balls in on my vanity, I nearly leaped over someone to nab it so it's got a special place in my heart. 

The next one is actually a sugar dish with a matching lid, I don't know where its from only that I've had it a really long time. I think its from my grandmothers china cabinet and she let me play with it as a kid (Can't understand why) but I always loved it and kept it nice. Nowadays it's life is spent on my vanity holding cotton pads right next to my apple, They add something to the vanity that I really can't explain...a sort of elegance. This is a really pretty Fan dish that I use to keep my nail files on and the nail polish of the moment, I am forever loosing nail flies and the polish I'm using so I put it front and center. 

 
This is my ring holder, this is something else that I have had since I was a little girl. I can't remember if it was my grandmother's or my mother's, I do remember seeing it on my mother's dresser holding her beautiful rings it just enamored me as a young girl. When my mother put it in the cabinet I took my chance and have had it ever sense. The next is well its not something that's on my vanity but it was a gift, its a punch bowl with the matching cups. my friend Linda bought this for me for Christmas and I squealed with joy after getting it. 

The last few aren't something that I got in a thrift store, one was a gift the other few I bought at a really good price on amazon. These are my beloved Egyptian glass perfume bottles where I keep my perfume oils, this needs a little explaining. I do wear regular perfume but from day to day it can get very costly, we are all about being glamorous on a budget so why not economize with out compromising quality! Well that's why for everyday I use perfume oils, they stay on your skin longer and don't wear off till you shower. Still I find the scent lingers a bit but I find the scent of vanilla or jasmine is not so disagreeable to linger about (More on my perfume oils later). 

This one was the gift from my mama Mona, to me its the most special and I love it dearly so I put a sweet smelling oil in it and as you can see I use it the most. I have to say buying them was great but getting glasswere as a gift is even better,



Well that's it for this post my lovelies catch you on the flip side!    

No comments:

Post a Comment