Thursday, December 13, 2012

A lipstick Review!!!



Hello Lovelies...



Its your friendly Captain Bad Luck Cherry on the USS Ship Swag Queen here to give you a great review on this lipstick I’ve been using. Now let me first say that a Pinup or Vintage gal is naked with out her signature red lips, Like Maiko’s are naked with out their white face makeup.

Red lips are a seductive way to draw people’s eyes to your lips making them appear fuller, they where made popular in the 40’s and 50’s through cheesecake art and the stars on the silver screen. But not every red however is made equal and they come in so many different shades. The trick is to find the right red for you, one that flatters your skin tone while giving you just that right pop of color that makes you feel you can face the world with a cheeky amount of sassy fierceness that embodies Pinup to you. Like Geisha’s, a Pinups red lips are apart of their look, we Pinups and Vintage girls prize our red lips as a symbol of glamor and femininity.

Knowing that even if I am not fully gleamed up and just on the go, I don’t leave my house with out my red lips. So I’m always on the look out for new shades of red because I not only get bored with the same color, but I like to change up my color tones with the seasons. Now for lipsticks I am absolutely in love with NYX round lipsticks, Tarte lip Surgence Natural Matte Lip stain in “Fiery” and my Black Opal in “Heart Throb”, I rarely venture into a different cosmetic label when it comes to lipsticks because I am a creature of habit and I like to stick to what I know unless it’s totally amazing or it’s a gift. Not only that I am a girl of modest means I don’t like to spend the juice if it’s not worth the squeeze, so I am very critical about the lipstick I do choose to buy outside of my old reliable! Now there is a problem with that and that is because one of my stand by favorites, my beloved Black Opal color in “Heart Throb” was discontinued breaking this little dark heart of mine.

Fortunately my best friend’s girl friend cheered me up one day with a gift and anyone that knows me knows my love for lipstick so she gave me the Cover girl Lip Perfection Lipstick’s and the Milani Lip Flash Full Coverage Shimmer Gloss Pencils. Now first impressions of both was that I wasn’t going to like these, in the past I have been very hypercritical of Cover girl because their lipsticks because the pigmentation was sheer rather then a full color burst as I would like. I’m the kinda girl that only likes one application to last the day and sadly in the past I’ve never felt I got that out of this product. As for Milani I didn’t know what to expect because I had never tried their lipsticks so it was a first for me.

I was however pleasantly surprised at the results and have a new love in lipsticks, as shown on my photos below. They are very long lasting and the pigmentation on the Cover girl lipsticks is amazing for an over the counter product. Not only that when combine with the Milani lip pencils I have to say it’s a pop of glittery perfection that just makes me smile with glee. Now for the Milani lip pencils I really love them on their own as well very pigmented except for one but that dose not make it bad never the less the products are very good.

I was pleasantly surprised by how wonderful the products where and would definitely buy them on my own in this case the juice defiantly worth the squeeze!
        I hope this was helpful, catch you next time my lovelies.

No comments:

Post a Comment